Muziekmozaïek cancels B-Jazz International Contest 2020
message posted on 12 March 2020
After some very hectic and uncertain hours and days it is very clear and obvious that the corona virus Covid-19 is active in Belgium, for the moment and presumably for the upcoming weeks.
More and more governments and organisations take no risk and (give order to) cancel activities, in an attempt to slow down the spreading of the virus.
Muziekmozaïek of course follows these guidelines and wants – together with you and everyone else – to stop the corona virus.
Everyone’s health and wellbeing has the highest priority and as organisation we take up our (social) responsability.
More in detail this means that we made the choice to cancel B-Jazz International Contest 2020, as part of the Leuven Jazz festival.
This decision was made after consultation and in co-operation with the coordinators and the government of the city of Leuven.
If this means that there will be a new date or that this edition of the contest will be canceled as a whole, is unclear for the moment.
From the moment we have a clear view and a solution, we’ll let you know. This will take a few weeks’ time or more.
It’s with great regret and pain that we had to make this decision, but it seems the best to do right now.
We hope you and your beloved ones are all good!
Take care and stay safe!
on behalf of Muziekmozaïek Folk & Jazz,
Steven Vanderaspoilden | director Muziekmozaïek
Filip Verneert | chairman B-Jazz International Contest
Pablo Smet | co-ordinator B-Jazz International Contest